The December 2004 Two Minute Tuesday
Two Minute Tip Eliminate "should" from any writing you do. I recently received a newsletter that stated, "You should send them a piece of promotional material telling them about your new business and what you are selling."
"Shoulds" make people feel the following: The list could go on. Do you want your clients to have any negative associations with you or your business? I think not! The errant sentence could have easily been re-written to say, "Send them a piece of promotional material . . ." Even better, "Send a postcard or letter telling them about your new business." Next time you send out a newsletter or any other type of copy to your clients, double-check those "shoulds." Eliminate them for happier clients! ************************************************************
As always, your feedback is not just welcome but appreciated. Write to me at ebonet@elizabethbonet.com. ************************************************************ PRIVACY STATEMENT
************************************************************ © 2004 by Elizabeth Bonet, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
The Two Minute Tuesday goes out the first Tuesday of every month. Written in 200 words or less, the TMT only takes two minutes of your time but provides you with practical, inspirational, and motivational business and writing tips.
"Should I? Really? Now why is that?"
Well, that's it folks! 199 words later and your life is Two Minutes better!
The Two Minute Tuesday respects your privacy. I do NOT give out or sell my subscriber information to anyone.Tell all your friends (and enemies!) about the Two Minute Tuesday by forwarding this email!Subscribe at http://www.elizabethbonet.com/ezine.htm

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home